Best Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuhaHo View Post
    I needed a forest and meadow for my ongoing project. I created this with the Multiscatter plug-in. I used VRaySky for background adn VRay sun for lightning. I might want to create a photosphere for more realistic sky.
    Where are the trees in that render from?

Comment

Thanks for asking. They were from iCube library Fir trees:
      https://rendering.ru/itrees-vol4-firtrees.html

Here's another rendering of the same "forest"

Comment

i just bought V22 of the maxtree trees, I'm finding the scenes pretty much a bit of a nightmare. Im having to recreate the materials and separate geo to make them usable, and just separating the leaf geo from a single tree is taking a crazy amount of time. They really need to add some LOD's. Really frustrating.

(edit: i should say the trees look great, but its been a right pain getting them setup for what i need..just too high quality )
        Last edited by francomanko; 13-06-2019, 05:45 AM.
        e: info@adriandenne.com
        w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

I bought ground cover plants and rocks for my forest from Turbosquid. One of them is causing some very visible flickering into final animation file. I don't have the time to search for the defected plant, not to mention, render if before the deadline. I hope the customer don't mind the flickering. For me it's very annoying to send such animation.

Comment

Originally posted by francomanko View Post
            i just bought V22 of the maxtree trees, I'm finding the scenes pretty much a bit of a nightmare. Im having to recreate the materials and separate geo to make them usable, and just separating the leaf geo from a single tree is taking a crazy amount of time. They really need to add some LOD's. Really frustrating.

(edit: i should say the trees look great, but its been a right pain getting them setup for what i need..just too high quality )
            The ones I purchased from them had two versions, one low and one high.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

hmm i got the fbx version, no low versions in there.
              e: info@adriandenne.com
              w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

I've started making a few tree's with photogrammetry + growfx.

I'm using reality capture and zbrush for the scan and then matching the tree scan with growfx.

It takes quite a bit longer and is less flexible than just creating standard growfx trees. but you get detail in the trunk and branches that you wouldn't otherwise get.
                https://youtu.be/Ev1z0xdLJY8
                Last edited by chriserskine; 24-06-2019, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X