Using previously made project assets for other projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using previously made project assets for other projects

I've made a load of detailed models for a client; saunas, oxygen therapy units etc.
    I'm wondering if there is anything prohibiting me from using these models, which are
    basically generic in design, in other clients' projects.

I produce all content required from these assets and do not share them as policy.
    My opinion is that I sell/provide imagery and as long as no asset is proprietary in any way, then I am at liberty to reuse said assets.

Thoughts?
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

I am no expert on this but...it sounds to me like you have the copyright to your original work unless that has been granted to others. Then you should be able to do whatever you like. I'm sure you have considered putting them on cgtrader or similar for sale? From what I've seen of your work I think that would generate at least enough to cover your pub tab and maybe a lot more.

A bit different but I just had a situation where a client contacted me and asked if I had sold a rendering I did for them to another project. Turns out another development, just down the road, had scraped an image off my website and were using it in their pre construction sales/marketing materials and on their website. I had been given very limited info or specs of a mud/ski entry room and I fleshed it out with cabinetry, seating, elevator, lighting etc. I guess they liked my design. The rendering they pirated off my site and used still showed my watermark logo in the corner.

M client insisted that I contact the architects, developers, real estate listing agent and interior designer, inform them of my copyright, and make them remove it. Which they did. They were all embarrassed and blamed it on some poor junior person at the interior design firm.
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

LOL that is an outrageous thing to do, but but also comically stupid of them.....however it's not just you.
      If you search for 'hyperbaric chambers' then the odds are that all the cg ones are mine, which have been
      scraped by many many other people to market their own stuff...they just PS out the existing logo

I don't have the energy to chase them tbh... they're all in China I think, so it'd be tough.
      https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Don’t hold your breath.

Comment

Working...
        X