Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animated HDRI environment

Hi!

I'm posting this here because I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with VRay. Anyways... I have an image sequence (ifl) from HDRI pictures set
    as my reflection environment. When I render the final animation out with my workstation everything is fine, but if I try to network render the animation all slave machines clamp the high values from the HDRIs and it renders like I was using 8bit image sequence instead of HDRIs. Any ideas what is happening here? I think this has something to do with the Splutterfish HDRI image reader, but not sure. I use Max 7 and latest public version of VRay.

Mare

Ok, I think I found the problem. The case seems to be that Max Bitmap I/O plugins resets the RGB Level value to 1 incase you use HDRI images.
    This happens on slave machines only. There is a thread on this subject here.

http://forums.splutterfish.com/viewt...ab65bba42309e0

Question to Vlado. Is it possible to make the VRayHDRI map support image sequences?

Mare

Comment

vlado used a script with paul devbecs hdr's to switch between hdr's

maybe ask him for it
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

If you can't get Vlado's script , it would be pretty simple to create a call back script to load a new map into the hdri material per frame.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

I've run into this same issue, but it wasn't from the RGB level being reset, it was from the exposure (HDRI Load Settings) being stored somewhere within Max or the plugin and not within the scene (so naturally it doesn't get sent with the scene to slave computers).

My workaround was to manually set the exposure settings on all slaves to the same by loading any .hdr file. Same as what f3de said in the brazil thread.
          Austin Watts
          Render Media

Blurring more than 20,000 cars since May, 2001.

Comment

seems strange. the script would be the best bet, but as an experiement, maybe you could convert your HDRIs to EXRs and see if that ifl would work.

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys! I've been so busy that I haven't got the time to test any of your suggestions out yet. Using the EXR seems to me as the easiest to test first because it has external and editable setting file in 3dsmax\plugcfg folder if something such weirdness should happen again. (At least you know all slaves reads the files with same basic settings.) Scripting also sounds good option, execpt I'm total n00b when it comes to scripting anything. As for the Austins suggestion for going thru all the slave machines... must try that too if everythig else fails.

And thanks again for you help!

best regards,

Mare

Comment

Working...
              X