• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryengine2: You won´t believe it

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...=game&type=wmv

drool....

hmm,

could we get a plugin in max, for realtimepreviews ?

aaarrrgh

Comment

very nice
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

The physics are amazing in this - wonder if we'll need new cards with Physics Processing Units on board.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

wow
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
            The physics are amazing in this - wonder if we'll need new cards with Physics Processing Units on board.
            just in case you missed it: nvidia is partnering with havok in order to calculate parts of the phyiscs effects on the gpu
            http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_30478.html

ageia had to come up with a product of their own this week...
            given the widespread use of nvidia cards, i think their chances are a bit better

ps: as always, i'm quite sceptical about preview videos
            looks too good to be usable in a real game (i really like the foliage and the old leaves at the ground)
            there isnt only graphics about good games - i was hoping to see a change in crytek's next game but as it seems they are doing it the EA way: sequels, sequels, sequels

Comment

Crysis is actually not a sequel to FarCry afaik. It´s a different story...the engine (cryengine2) is of course a sequel :P

Thorsten

Comment

what really shocked me are the realtime ambient maps !
                This is (was) the last major piece missing in realtime engines compared
                to non-realtime renderer. I expected something like this
                in a few years. Actually I don´t know how they work, perform or how much setup this requires. It ´s hard to judge from a Tech Demo.
                But their examples are most impressive.

Regarding the physics.. I don´t know if they us some sort of PPU for their engine. However.., I recently red that Nvidia will add PPU´s based on the
                Havok engine directly to their Graphic Cards in the future. I like this idea much better than having a seperate PPU in my PC.

Comment

Sorry.. this was a double post. Got an error message when sending and tried again...

Comment

Originally posted by instinct
                    Crysis is actually not a sequel to FarCry afaik. It´s a different story...the engine (cryengine2) is of course a sequel :P

Thorsten
                    looking at the content/setting/shooting/crouching in the foliage i can see no difference to farcry - really
                    the background story might be different, but it seems to be the same principle

Comment

The principle will be most likely the same...sadly the principle behind all major fps shooter is pretty similar *shudder*

I´d say lets blame the major publishers....innovation is too risky it seems...*sigh*

Thorsten

Comment

A revamped Farcry with new graphics and same gameplay would be completely welcome by me. The original was amazing!
                        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

I second that jujubee!!

Comment

WOW

Comment

Wow is right! We need this for Max. Imagine the walk throughs we could all do! Wow!
                              rpc212
                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Working...
                              X