avoiding subframes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avoiding subframes

does anybody know if its possible to avoid that max creates sub-frames in an animation?
    i'am doing a character animation, the timeline is set to frames, but he allways creates subframes and jumps automaticly to ticks.

best regards
    jonas
    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
    www.shack.de

Hey jonny!

rightmouse click on the timeline -~> configure -> uncheck snap to frames.
    Confrabulations, the glory of max's 4800 ticks per second is yours to command!

Lele

Comment

thanks lele
      i've unchecked it,
      but still same problem....
      doin a animation, i copy a frame from 10 to 20, with shift click in the timeline, its ending up with a subframe, and he jumps to ticks.

Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
      www.shack.de

Comment

The settings for the small timeline (snap to frames) and the dopesheet are separate: for the dopesheet is the hotkey "S"

that normally happens when the timebase is changed and the timeline rescaled mid-work, with keyframes already there.

Sounds buggy to me.

does it happen outside of the dopesheet, on the small timeline?

Lele

edit: ah, btw, i got your question the other way around, on my previous post :P

Comment

its max 8, SP3

yes its true, i've rescaled the timeline, moved the existing animation to the end, and started a new animation from frame 0.
          and now when i check "snap to frames", he sometimes creates new keys in subframes.

yes its happen on the small timeline.
          Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
          www.shack.de

Comment

lol i was still editing.

Ah, you're screwed then

i think it IS a bug afterall.

you can manually fix it by setting the frame by hand on a set of selected keys (rmc for properties, and set 40.0 by hand).

i think the standard interface is ruined now

Lele

Comment

the master animation-tool max . (or its me)

thanks for your quick help lele
              i think i have to learn some basics, like never rescale the timeline and so on.

edit:
              aaaah
              sorry, but this bug is really annoying.
              Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
              www.shack.de

Comment

ahah, you're most welcome, jonny
                aboard, the sinking ship, that is

Lele

Comment

I think this has allways been the case when you have keys on a subframe. It´s OK as you just ading new keys but if you whant to go to a specific key f. ex stepping between keys and a key is on a sub frame tick. then it change mode to frame/tick. anoying but I can understand why it´s built that way.

Anyway. If you want the keys to snap to frames you should have it checked, no?
                  Daniel Westlund

Comment

yes i agree,
                    its clear that he switch to ticks when there is a key in a subframe, but what is anyoing is that when i allrady have a movement-key, snap to it, and want to set a rotation key on the same pos., he sets the rotation key in a subframe.

ah yes its ticked.
                    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
                    www.shack.de

Comment

thats strange. I have to try that. do you have any ease curves on the object from before? I know I´v had some really strange results with ease curves if I continue to work on the original animation.
                      Daniel Westlund

Comment

yes, there are two peoples in the scene, both of them are allready animated, maybe the failure is, as lele said, that i've rescaled the timeline and moved all the keys to the end of the timeline, for animating the beginning of the animation after the end.

but isn't there a possibility to avoid max to set keys in subframe?
                        Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
                        www.shack.de

Comment

ah, it's as straight an issue as the rounding max applies to numbers when rescaling.

It seems that the decimals are there, but not visible, and the snap is incremental, not fixed: so it will ADD 1 frame to the current value, re-evaluate the frame number, and do something wrong rerounding it up.

It's always been the case.
                          Only way to get rid of it, is as i said to input the frame value by hand.
                          The other is to scale by integers

Lele

Comment

there COULD be a way: a script that cuts the decimals off.

Lemme try a couple of things, and i'll see what happens

Lele

Comment

i havn't really understand what you've said, but i'am shure its right.
                              Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
                              www.shack.de

Comment

Working...
                              X