workstation troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workstation troubles

I recently started with a new company and they have provided me with a HP xw6200 dual 3.4ghz xeon system with a Quadro FX 1400 in it and dual 19" lcd's.

Now I dont know a lot about the Quadro video cards but Im getting painfully lousy screen performance in 3ds max using the maxtreme 8.x driver. Let me put it in a better perspective, my laptop with ATI 64mb 9700 video card in it is performing better than this Quadro FX 1400 in my workstation.

Is anyone using the 1400's in anything and what drivers are you using? and sould this thing suck this bad. I mite shoot a short video tomorrow of both in action as I would expect the Quardo to perform much better than my laptop and hopefully get some ideas on what may be wrong.

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

how s that workstation performance? i had a HP xw6200 dupal P 3.2 and i just switched over an X2 4200...and i love it

the quadro i got in HP wasn t that great...it improved a lot with the maxtreme driver, still i swithed over a GeForce 6880 and i think there was a small performace leap...i m now on a 7900 Gtx and i lobe it
    Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
    nuno@ene-digital.com
    00351 917593145

Comment

Sounds strange, I'm using a quadro fx1400 and maxtreme 8 drivers and
      it handles some of the really large scenes i'm working on very well when
      the viewport is in shadded mode and not so well when the viewport is in
      wireframe.

What are your maxtreme drivers configured for, speed or quality

steve

Comment

Currently I've set up the maxteme driver for speed, but there seems to be no real difference between speed and quality on this thing. and Ive also set the display texture maping to the lowest possible settings in the matreme driver.

-dave
        Cheers,
        -dave
        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC
          it handles some of the really large scenes i'm working on very well when
          the viewport is in shadded mode and not so well when the viewport is in
          wireframe.
          that s expected...just if ur displaying alot of textures its the other way...
          Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
          nuno@ene-digital.com
          00351 917593145

Comment

Working...
          X