Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered new C2D upgrade!!

Hey peeps,

Just ordered a basic upgrade, my current X2 really is starting to look crap compared to the new core 2 duo's and quads out there.

This is only a faily modest upgrade until late july when intel slashes the prices of its CPU's by around 50% at which point I will be upgrading to a Quad core, Q6600 maybe QX6700.. not sure yet. And purchasing an extra 2GB of ram.

So I have ordered the following:
    • 1x ASUS P5B Deluxe Mobo
      1x Intel Core 2 Duo E6420
      1x Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4D 2GB (2x XMS2 1GB)
      1x Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme with Scythe 120mm

This will be paired with my current 8800GTX and a 850w Silverstone Zeus PSU that I already own.
    The CPU will be overclocked to 3.6ghz as well.

My mate has a similar setup minus the video and PSU and achieves 14s in SuperPI 1MB test, my current X2 4400 takes 38s... so yeah.. pretty poo.

I will be posting pics of the build as usual, as I know there are some tech nerds out there and pictures speak 1000 words. And if you recall last time I got my X2 I had that massive heatsink, well this one even bigger. Will get some nice shots of that too

If people are planning on doing similar builds soon and are not too confident in building their own, I would be more than happy to make a guide on building up such a machine with pictures as I go thru the process of building mine.

Till then, adios.

hey hombre
    i like the way you re doing that..........actually i buy my workstation all made but..........
    ........i wanna see that

Comment

how certain is this 50% drop in intel price in july

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Seems to be an old post...

Don't you think...
        My Flickr

Comment

Ha, no kidding. Besides the post date of 9 months ago, who only uses 2 GB RAM anymore? 4 GB is not enough now...
          "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

damn!!!! bitch messed me up

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I thought that sounded a bit harsh, until I looked back...
              Last edited by Clifton Santiago; 09-03-2008, 11:33 AM.
              "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Working...
              X