Office Chair Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office Chair Recommendations

During the dot-com years, the Herman Miller Aeron chairs were king of the office. Now, I am out of the office and often working from home and just wondering - what kind of chairs are you all using? Any recommendations for favorite chair?

I have a terrible chair from a yard sale ($10) that I've been using and looking to replace.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Human scale has some really really nice chairs. They are also very good for ergonomics.

Comment

I had the Aeron chair at my last office and it was the best I've tried. I've only tried a few others though, and they were not in the same realm.
      I got one for about 60 USD from staples once and it was the wrong height, and quite uncomfortable. If you have the cash or know an interior designer, get an Aeron.
      I've seen good looking ones at Steelcase, too, but never tried one.

Comment

Got an eames group aluminium chair and it's great - was a bit worried at the start since it was quite unwelcoming but with a bit of use the leather has softened a tad and it's great.

Comment

Koenig+Neurath Skye (leather+full options). Next to that the Aeron is a barstool...just my opinion. I really tried a lot of the better chairs !!

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell
            Got an eames group aluminium chair and it's great - was a bit worried at the start since it was quite unwelcoming but with a bit of use the leather has softened a tad and it's great.

this is my favorite office chair design wise. i always thought the aerons were ugly, and over-rated. i did have the chance to use one of these eames chairs while on assignment with another firm, but from what i remember i wasn't overly impressed with the feel of sitting in them. that being said, i was also working at a makeshift work station, so that may have effected my feelings on how comfortable they are.

Comment

aeron without a doubt imho. i used to have one, it's a design classic and most comfy, though i haven't tried many others

Comment

Aeron are aybe "ugly" but they're not ovrrated, imho.
                Philippe Steels
                Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Some people wrote in some reviews that they felt the Human Scale Liberty was a better chair than Aeron. Any impressions? Any other models?

I found these chairs while looking at reviews - they look wicked cool but I can't find any dealers in the US:

http://www.okamura.co.jp/english/index.html
                  LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                  HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                  Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

We have the Herman Miller Mirra chair here at our office. They are super comfortable, and about as adjustable as the Aeron. They are a little cheaper too.

http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/...0-p205,00.html
                    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Some people wrote in some reviews that they felt the Human Scale Liberty was a better chair than Aeron. Any impressions? Any other models?

it is a fact: the humanscale freedom mechanisim is way in advance. it reacts in a way that the weight applied on the seat drives the back tension, applying always a perfect tension without any adjustements, ( you know, the levers under that nobody uses anyway)
                      For the comfort of the seat itself, humanscale have a lot of nifty features, but comfort, as design, is all relative.

The Knoll <Life> chair, 'same' mechanisim than humanscale, (well not exactly same, copyrights stuff) a little smaller, beautifull slick style, probably the best allrounder on the market.

Aaron is getting quite old, people tend to like it more for it's style than the comfort.

My personnal favorite is the Keilhauer Junior, wich is small, and is buildt in a way that you just can't sit in a bad position. Most people do not like the look, but once tried, it is really hard to go back to conventionnal chairs

http://www.keilhauer.com/products/pr...2&CategoryID=5
                      Alain Blanchette
                      www.pixistudio.com

Comment

HI

i have just bought 6 Steelcase think chairs.... great lumber support and nice comfortable mesh back.. The eames looks great but you probably dont want to sit in it for a 16 hour stretch ... this sort of chair is normaly for a meeting room.

Natty
                        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I must say of all the chairs I've ever sat in the only one that felt truly comfortable was the Humanscale Freedom chair...

It's definately something worth going to a dealer and trying them out.

Comment

I think its personal chioce and how big your backside is...
                            Natty
                            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Re: Office Chair Recommendations

@jujubee

As for working chair i use the HÅG Capisco Ergonomic Office Saddle Chair and it is perfect for me. If it ever breaks down thats the chair i would get again.

Preisler
                              Preisler

www.3dpixel.dk
                              www.linkedin.com/in/3dpixel

Comment

Working...
                              X