Crysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis

The game demo, allright, it's stunning and you can read up and find screenshots and/or videos around already.
    What's leaving me entirely shocked and speechless is the sandbox (its editor).
    Hullo max 2008.
    Volumetric clouds, soft shadows, reflections and refractions, characters moving about, morph-expression editor, zillions of trees and vegetation, all shadow casting and receiving, all editable, all realtime.
    Change the time, and the equator-pole location, and see it all update in realtime (yes, animated soft shadows included), sun sinking low, moon coming up, lighting changing, all with a beautiful editor to change the behavior of sun, sky etc. over time (Vlado: nudge nudge ).
    Grab a chunk of rock from a mountainside, drag it around, see it drop shadows on the objects below, sink a ship, see the water update the shorelines around it in realtime.
    It's completely nuts, I won't get much sleep tonight.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Hullo max 2008

I have been talking to a guy over at AUGI about this. I sent me a link to the beta. I'll check it out.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I wish max would switch into gameplay mode like sandbox does
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Wow insane! I didn't realize it came with an editor. Could spend all day just looking at this thing

Comment

what the... somehow i missed the editor.. touche` Lele touche`

Fantastic game too... editor looks stunning from the videos I saw on it awhile back. The farcry editor was abit like that as well.. pretty sweet.

Comment

Lol Leith!
            I should mention it was DaForce telling me the demo was out.
            I should also mention it's downloadable at high speed from nZone, along with the beta drivers especially released for it (ran fine with the release ones here, but for that fps or two, get them)
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

oi... since f**king when are you getting the jump on me with computer related nerdery? hmmm
              **goes off to download new beta drivers now**

**mumbles**

Comment

so just the demo comes with the editor? cool.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I get killed too often.... *shrugs*

...but the game is sooo beautiful and realistic, makes you wonder why such things are possible in realtime, but take many minutes/hours to render with max.

btw - this is yet another game that I bought gfx for
                  the first one was q3 and tnt2, second - hl2 and r9800.

great game!
                  the purpose of a ninja is to flip out and kill people.
                  the purpose of an architect is to flip out and design for people.

Comment

hehe be sure to play on Delta mode... its the way its meant to be played

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
                      hehe be sure to play on Delta mode... its the way its meant to be played
                      are chickens still chickens in Delta mode or - let's say - tigers?

or laser guided polar bears
                      the purpose of a ninja is to flip out and kill people.
                      the purpose of an architect is to flip out and design for people.

Comment

mmmm no LGPBs that I have seen yet. haha

Will let you know if i stumble across any

Comment

I'm soooooo glad I bought that 8800GTX... This game actually makes me seriously concider going over to Vista as well. What do you guys use/think? Vista 64bit stable enough by now?

Comment

Wouldn't know about stable, surely it's a memory hog.
                            You'll have to turn off most bells and whistles to have it run below the 400 megs mark.
                            Surely though, all those volumetric effects and stuff in crysis are well worth it
                            Lele
                            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Hmmm while yes it may be alot more stable than it was.. games do run slower on it. And the added strain of the DX10 features means it wont really run close to what it does on xp.

At 2560x1600, with a Q6600 and a 8800GTX with all settings on max NO AA, i get around 15-20fps.. so that would be basically unplayable on vista.. it essentially is on xp.
                              I had to drop down to 1920x1200 to get 25-30fps which is then totally playable.

So just keep that in mind.

Would be good to see some dx9 and dx10 screen shot comparission as well to see if its even worth going to vista just yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X