Yay for attachements!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay for attachements!!!

Those sites that allow us to store images are all blocked where I work. It was the one really big thing missing on this forum for me. Now I can finally Show problems to you guys when I have something. I was always stuck describing it with words and that never worked well.

Hopefully this helps me communicate with everyone a bit better. This is especially nice for those of you who don't speak english very well. As if I don't communicate my ideas well enough, i'm sure that makes it all the more difficult. Pictures should help.

I hope this doesn't bog down the servers, having the images on there. Hopefully not. I hope more people use the attach feature also because many times I couldn't view externally linked files.

I do find it strange to have max width and height sizes for Some filetypes, but not others. And a larger filesize for jpegs and zips than others. That's cool though. It also takes a little long to actually attach something. I managed to do it, so i won't complain. I didn't leave it attached though because I don't want to waste server space.

Would be nice to be able to attach .rar files as well. It's kind of nice because they are also smaller than zip files usually. Sometimes by half. Might save some server space.

Sweet...I didnt even see that...Yeah...It was a pain to have to upload to photobuck and etc....Nice... Now just put up the webcam feature...Well...maybe not!!!!
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

the nice thing with the vb attachment system is that you can also nicely embed pictures into your posts instead of having to refer them on the end of the post

One of the biggest advantage in my eyes is that old posts dont have shitloads of missing images if the attachment system is used.

Regards,
      Thorsten

Comment

how do you put an attachment in the middle? It just puts mine at the end.
        I'm use to that though.

Where did avatars go?

Comment

Just switch the editor to Wysiwig in your profile options then there is an attachment icon in the toolbar above the editor. Avatars seem to be in the working.

Regards,
          Thorsten

Comment

OK, I see the attachment icon in the WYSIWYG editor. That IS pretty nice.

I can't add/change my avatar, only my profile picture. Also I don't see anyone else's avatar, but I have them as checked ON in my profile. Strange. I don't know why that isn't working for me.
            Maybe it' just my crappy system or something.

Comment

The Avatars arent enabled yet. Chaos is still tweaking the forums in the background it seems.

Regards,
              Thorsten

Comment

Working...
              X