No announcement yet.

nvidia quadro fx 3500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have mine set to the 3D Studio Max preset, if that helps.

At my last job we had 4500s and I thought I would be disappointed when I hired on here because we "only" have 3500s. It really hasn't been a problem.

Here is the Viewport Config for Maxtreme

And monitor res and color to the highest,

Comment

One thing that might make your objects jump is having Use Axis Center As Start Snap Point on in the Snap settings. I like having this setting on because it specifies a specific base point when using snaps. Your actual snap settings override it if you snap to a vert or midpoint etc.

With this setting on, if you grab the transform gizmo by one of the axes the object will "jump" to put the origin at your cursor.

(Tell me if I'm beating a dead horse here

Comment

I Have QUADRO3500FX M
        Maxtreme 10 aint working for me getting error state.
        Under vista is alle wrong speed drops with 50%

Comment

i, same here..
          i'm on vista64, 4GbRam.
          my 3 years old Quadro FX 3500 run slower than a radeon 2600Pro !!
          vista gives 5.0 note for QuadroFX, and 3.2 for Radeon 2600Pro...

mith max, even with latest maxtreme for vista64, 2600pro performs little better than quadro.. argh.
          Globally, my vista64 prefers the little radeon card.. the quadro gives unconsistent video readings, visuals artifacts when moving windows, etc...
          Jérôme Prévost.
          SolidRocks, the V-Ray Wizard.
          http://solidrocks.subburb.com

Comment

I've had the same problems as mikeh when using the maxtreme drivers with my Quadro 1500 in Max2008 on WinXP64. When I try to move an object, it jumps, when I turn on the safeframe, it blanks out, and then generally terrible performance for any mode above wireframe.

I couldn't find a solution, so I just went back to plain DirectX. I just don't understand why the "Max"streme drivers don't work on Max!

My best guess is that it's some sort of XP64 conflict, but there's no way I'm going back to 32bit.

Let us know if you find a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by jonahhawk View Post
              One thing that might make your objects jump is having Use Axis Center As Start Snap Point on in the Snap settings. I like having this setting on because it specifies a specific base point when using snaps. Your actual snap settings override it if you snap to a vert or midpoint etc.

With this setting on, if you grab the transform gizmo by one of the axes the object will "jump" to put the origin at your cursor.

(Tell me if I'm beating a dead horse here

yeah...you probably are...the fact that maxtreme doesn't display in top and saferame mode eliminates it from my vocabulary...and when i said i dumped the max presets in the Nvidi panel of "visualization" in favor of "modeling", it means that it is set for max under those settings. It's workable now with the modeling presets and OGL.
              mh

Comment

Have you tried running one of those driver cleaner programs? They will delete any old vestiges of nvidia drivers so you can do a clean install of the latest drivers, maybe some old driver piece is conflicting
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

Same problem... Max 2008, XP x64 and FX4600 with maxextreme 10... jump objects and safeframe problem...
                  Nicolau Pais www.id3d.pt

My current hardware setup: HP Z820 32-Core Dual E5-2670 128GB RAM - NVIDIA® Quadro K5000

Comment

Working...
                  X