Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dreamscape boat wakes

Hi,

Been looking for a way to make boat wakes, looks like dreamscape can do it and it's been mentioned on several forums, but I can't find ANY animation showing the effect, so does anyone know any animations where it's used?

/Thomas
    www.suurland.com
    www.cg-source.com
    www.hdri-locations.com

i've tried this several times, but cannot seem to make it work properly.. i think there was a animation on their website, but i can't seem to find it any more..

Comment

Originally posted by suurland View Post
      Hi,

Been looking for a way to make boat wakes, looks like dreamscape can do it and it's been mentioned on several forums, but I can't find ANY animation showing the effect, so does anyone know any animations where it's used?

/Thomas
      We used it on the milk commercials for the dynamics on the rock monster commercials although we didn't use the white caps itself - it just renders a bitmap sequence of the crest of the wake as a greyscale map which you use as a mask to add on procedural materials on top. This probably doesn't help though

Comment

this was made with dreamscape: http://www.sitnisati.com/anims/BoatGO3.avi

Comment

Thanks.. that actually looks fairly ok.

/Thomas
          www.suurland.com
          www.cg-source.com
          www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Working...
          X