Autocad dynamic block problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocad dynamic block problem

I'm having real problems with a clients drawings that are full of dynamic blocks. When I explode all the blocks to import into Max all the hidden information in the dynamic blocks appears in the cad drawing. Is there any way to stop this from happening i.e. somehow flatten all the blocks without them showing the hidden info so I can import the drawing into Max?

Just a guess but try saving the client supplied CAD file to an earlier version that doesn't support dynamic blocks (maybe rel. 2000??). I don't remember when they introduced dyn blocks.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Tried that, doesn't work

Comment

Sorry to doubt you but this (http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_th...2006_dy_1.html) says different.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
          Sorry to doubt you but this (http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_th...2006_dy_1.html) says different.
          No problem. I just tried it in Autocad 2008 and I can guarantee you that doesn't work. I tried saving out as every different type of DWG that you can from Autocad 2008, nothing worked. I also tried DXF's but they error when trying to open.

Any other ideas?

Comment

You could try 3dsout
            "A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
            -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsay View Post
              I'm having real problems with a clients drawings that are full of dynamic blocks. When I explode all the blocks to import into Max all the hidden information in the dynamic blocks appears in the cad drawing. Is there any way to stop this from happening i.e. somehow flatten all the blocks without them showing the hidden info so I can import the drawing into Max?

this script fixes the mess that is DWG:

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/dwg-cleanup
              Marc Lorenz
              ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
              www.marclorenz.com
              www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Use Max snapshot. Copy the objects over then delete the original.

I posted for about a whole year on this question once before I discovered it one day on my own.
                LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
                X