No announcement yet.

Onyx Tree company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't say there was anything wrong with them. But they do have an attitude that I would expect to run counter to that of most software developers.

And these are american hippies. They may be laid back, but surely not when it comes to money.
    Last edited by Clifton Santiago; 24-06-2008, 03:37 AM.
    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Our Philosophy
      We are scientists and artists and engineers bewildered by miraculous beauty of plants and all our products are at first and foremost an expression of that.
      No. you are a CONFUSED, typo-prone, type of nerd, if you put together science and miracle in one sentence. Use determinant articles wherever you see fit, but use them more.
      Having studied plants in the field for so many years, we have come to appreciate them for their beauty and we feel we owe them the portraits to the best of our abilities.
      "Bojana, Roll another one! Now, kids, lesson 5, ganja and practical uses."
      This thought has carried us through the toughest development work and we believe that it has brought ineffable quality to all our products.
      Ohhh, s**t me! Ineffable quality? Stop eating incenses man, they aint' stick potatoes.

We do not care much about conventional marketing and selling tools to reach our customers.
      Instead, we " bullsh*t them once they come on the site with half-witted philosophical terms meaning absolutely nothing in context.
      This has brought the finest group of people into our camp.
      The language scares me to no end. Camp, finest.
      It's either a jihadist or a cannibal talking here?

Meh.

We do not cut corners in providing technical support to our customers. The good, old telephone and live voice is preferable to even email.
      It's a LONG distance from Italy to Massachusetts. Skype is fine, or do you regard that too as the devil incarnate? And what about people with issues with the Bard's language?
      Besides, the ineffable quality of a well thought out, and written, email is without match or paragon throughout the known and unknown sidereal space surrounding the little rock we call home.

Our customers are regarded as extended family and our technical support has always reflected that attitude.
      Not in a million years!
      At most i asked for a product and/or support.
      You two do what family ought to and be blessed, but do not draw me into the orgy, ta.

I just couldn't resist.
      Nothing bad to say about them (i do NOT use onyx at all, i prefer the ineffable quality of XFrog, myself), i have no direct experience.
      I just couldn't help but laugh and cringe at the wording.

Vlado please add a cheap philosophy page to the chaos website,a philosophy section in the forums, and cut short the tech support, that we may appreciate the ineffable qualities of meditation to resolve bugs ourselves.
      Oh, and give us a nice picture where you hold a dandelion, too.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

ROFL! Nice one Lele. I couldn't agree with you more (well, except for Xfrog)

Comment

i think lele is venting after the italy game on sunday......
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I was always under the impression that onyx trees werent very good, and i've used xfrog. Bit messy and seems difficult at first, but once you get the hang of it with good photo reference it's pretty good.

Comment

I would consider Xfrog, if the trees didn't render so slowly. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Comment

With xfrog trees there's a slight issue with the W coordinates which import as -1.#inf.
                It's enough to select the tree, UVUnwrap it, select all the points in the UVW window and set all their W values to 0.
                This will stop the spam in the vraylog, and have them render just right
                Lele
                ----------------------

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Okay. Thanks for the tip. Maybe I will give it another try.

Every time I open the Onyx Tree modeler, I ask myself why I am even bothering. The tree is going to look crappy no matter how much I tweak the parameters.

Comment

trees from xfrog have a peculiar, Fibonacci sequence-like look to themselves.
                    You'll find that by default trees will have branches and needles aligned in a spiral (The Fibonacci sequence represents one) fashion along the trunk, which looks vey natural and believable to my own eyes.
                    Lele
                    ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Do you need to use Xfrog Tune as well?

Comment

nah, i rely on VRay proxies
                        Lele
                        ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton Santiago View Post
                          I would consider Xfrog, if the trees didn't render so slowly.
                          turning off filtering for textures helps quite a bit, doesn't cut time down in half but it's well worth a try.

Comment

Gesu'! Lele, ma che ti prende!?!

eheh

you guys are having some bad days, over here...
                            Good lord, I did not know Onyx-bashing season was open!

ciao

Comment

Lol it's a tense period, i'll admit.
                              Big move now very close, and i couldn't bottle the sarcasm :P
                              Jokes apart, i know a couple of people on the forums that were "told off" by the devs in a very un-hippy way, so i just bashed their "about us" text :P
                              Take it as a joke (if of bad taste)!

L.
                              Lele
                              ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Hey, with George Carlin passing, someone has to do it.
                                Eric Boer
                                Dev

Comment

Working...
                                X