intel i7 tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morbid -
    I can't provide test examples for speed tests and stuff, because frankly I wouldn't do them better than the great benchmarks other people are doing. Lookup Intel X25-M SSD and you'll find plenty of benchmarks As far as night and day, it's not absolutely apparent, but I value my time in front of a computer and even milliseconds add up over how much time I'm at my computer

Percy, When I bought the SSD from Newegg it was bundled with the CPU 965 Extreme for $500. I know it's expensive, I don't want people to get out of their budgets, however it was either that or 2xVelociraptor's which was almost as expensive.

At any rate, I hope this helps. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions anyone might have about a new computer. I couldn't be happier with my $3500 rig. It's really a beast. I haven't done any rendering tests (it's very new), I'll get on it soon.

AI is doing well, thanks for asking! Hope RI is great and the wife and new one are doing well. You're always well thought of. Hopefully you can come see Al Denté soon.

-Colin
    Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by MoonDoggie View Post
      Morbid -
      I can't provide test examples for speed tests and stuff, because frankly I wouldn't do them better than the great benchmarks other people are doing. Lookup Intel X25-M SSD and you'll find plenty of benchmarks As far as night and day, it's not absolutely apparent, but I value my time in front of a computer and even milliseconds add up over how much time I'm at my computer

Percy, When I bought the SSD from Newegg it was bundled with the CPU 965 Extreme for $500. I know it's expensive, I don't want people to get out of their budgets, however it was either that or 2xVelociraptor's which was almost as expensive.

At any rate, I hope this helps. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions anyone might have about a new computer. I couldn't be happier with my $3500 rig. It's really a beast. I haven't done any rendering tests (it's very new), I'll get on it soon.

AI is doing well, thanks for asking! Hope RI is great and the wife and new one are doing well. You're always well thought of. Hopefully you can come see Al Denté soon.

-Colin
      Was that $500 for both cpu AND SSD? Or just the SSD? Even if its just the SSD, thats a pretty damn good deal. Pricewatch.com lists them for around $800.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
      X