Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New mobo - how to not install windows again??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mobo - how to not install windows again??

Hi guys,

As you can see from the subject, I have a new mobo coming soon as my old (new) one is causing all types of problems. Im pretty sure I dont have to install windows again but I did hear you have to uninstall the hard drive drivers in the system rollout. Is that the only thing I need to do for the new mobo to boot up correctly with the old OS installed ?
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

my mobo died a few months ago and I didnt have to do a thing to windows.
    As long as all your hardware is exactly the same you wont have any issues.
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Well, the hardware will be the same, but I thought that the system drivers specific to my original mobo wouldnt work with the new mobo. The old one was a P6T deluxe v1 and the new one is a EVGA x58 mobo...
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

If you back up your important files, it doesn't hurt to try. Go to safe mode and uninstall the mb drivers, IRQ controllers, HD controllers, USB etc. then just shut down and swap the board and update with the new MB drivers. It will probably work I've had good luck with doing it. Just moved my system drive to another box the other day, no probs, it was via -> via chipset so there's that but it was a couple of gens newer so...
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

you might have some issues, you might not. definitely do what rerender says, and be prepared to update your drivers after reboot.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Cheers for the tips...hopefully this new mobo will resolve my issues.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
            X