No announcement yet.

Has anyone tested Google Chrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems nice, but I'm far too attached to opera.

I have 6 tabs open at all times, which I never close and get saved even when it crashes, mouse gestures and proper fullscreen.

If chrome does tab saving (I think it may anyway), gestures and proper fullscreen i'll switch.

Comment

@sv
      it remembers all mine I've got to say... haven't had to do anything special - it just dislays a message at the top asking if you want it to remember passwords.
      Yeah, mine offers to remember passwords as well, its memory isn't very good though . I'll have to have another look...
      Dan Brew

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBrew View Post
        @sv

Yeah, mine offers to remember passwords as well, its memory isn't very good though . I'll have to have another look...
        ha!
        I've had some reset problems actually with chrome on my laptop, but that machine is riddled with errors and problems and is a complete brick!

Maybe just download the most recent version of chrome?

Comment

Originally posted by zoranm View Post
          It's, probably, more to do with being a new technology and people not having enough time to play with it, he he

regards

Zoran
          Not quite; some guys said that they did find bugs in Chrome, which in other browsers would have allowed control over the user's machine; however because of the sandbox feature of Chrome, those bugs are much more difficult to exploit for malicious purposes.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have it installed do to testing. So far so good. Most of my stuff is still done on FF after Opera seemed to lag behind in certain areas. The only one that's rendering my website funny is IE - I have to make a lot of hacks around it.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
            LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
            HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
            Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Donald2B View Post
              Really? I will have to give Chrome another go. That has been killing me lately in Firefox. I normally have upwards of 10-15 tabs running, and rarely do I bookmark everything so it takes me forever to remember where I was.

If my FF crashes with multiple tabs, it always re-opens them all the next time I start a FF session.

Comment

FF has been crashing like crazy recently after the latest update. It was fine before.
                LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
                  FF has been crashing like crazy recently after the latest update. It was fine before.
                  I have been having this problem as well so I just installed Chrome. So far I like it. I've noticed the speed difference. (probably cause of all the plugins I have installed though)

Comment

Working...
                  X