What AntiVirus for Windows XP 64 bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What AntiVirus for Windows XP 64 bit?

I use trend micro for all of my 32 bit XP machines but it at least doesn't state support for the 64bit version of XP. What are people using for XP 64 bit? Should I just install anyway?

Thanks.
    Steve Burke
    www.burkestudios.com

I also used to use TrendMicro, but now with 2 64 machines, I have switched to Eset NOD32 and it's been great, so far
    I like the interface and control better, too.

Comment

Thanks. I'll look that up. The recommendation is helpful. Nothing is worse than buggy virus software.
      Steve Burke
      www.burkestudios.com

Comment

We use Nod32 here too and it works very well.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

NOD, Avast or AVG.
          I prefer avast - there is a free non commercial version of it with works very well. AVG has a free version too but it givbes me too many false alarms.
          www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Using Avira free so far with nag screen removal through registry. It doesn't seem to bog down the systems and has already encountered a few viruses.
            LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
            HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
            Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

I have good experience with bullguard, they have exelent support, when you have a problem they can acces your computer through remote control and fix your problems themselves.

I am not sure if other av's have similar support but I was really impressed! I also like the interface.

Comment

I use AVG; have not had any issues with it. Would recommend it.

Comment

I use NOD32 and TrendMicro on different machines. Both seem to work great but I prefer NOD32 because of the small resource footprint. Considering Avira to replace TrendMicro.
                  Ben Steinert
                  pb2ae.com

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, very helpful.
                    Steve Burke
                    www.burkestudios.com

Comment

Well, I had the corporate version of AVG 7.5 and it worked like a charm. I while back I upgraded to 8.5 and it bogged down my computer like a hog.

So I went back to the older version then recently they announced everyone had to make the upgrade. Wish I hadn't renewed my subscription. I can't really stress enough how much I don't like AVG anymore.
                      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

I use AVG 8.5 but the free version. Only thing that bogs down my computer are the daily scans, so I turned those off and everything is running fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X