Windows7 x64 on Mac Pro Bootcamp - Graphics performance problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows7 x64 on Mac Pro Bootcamp - Graphics performance problems

I'm having some weird issues with my Mac Pro Bootcamp setup.

System: Mac Pro DualQuad 2.26ghz - Early 2009 with GeForce 120GT 512mb (standard).
    Bootcamp 3.0 running Windows7 x64 Pro and 3ds max 2009 x64 SP1.

• When I'm booting into Windows and not having done *anything* and then start using the mouse to draw selection boxes on the desktop (like if I wanted to select a group of icons) there is an apparent "lag" or a bit flickering update of the dotted selection lines. And here comes the funny part - if I now start 3ds max, minimize it, and start drawing selection boxes on the desktop again, they update with no lack or flickering!

• When working in max and having geometry with 1000+ polys and mid-click dragging the viewport around I will get a lag effect every few seconds. The same happens if I playback an animated scene - every few seconds playback will stutter and continue, stutter and continue.

Earlier I had Vista x64 Business on the same system with the exact same issues.

I'm using the nVidia drivers available on the Apple Bootcamp cd but also tried getting the latest drivers from nVidia's site - didn't make a difference on either issue.

Note: Rendering on the machine works perfectly - no performance glitches there at all.

Anyone with a Mac Pro from 2009 running Bootcamp with similar issues - or suggestions? Comments and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    http://henrikbclausen.com
Working...
X