No announcement yet.

3ds Max 2012 Info here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just found out after looking at all of the info and videos that our company has cancelled our subs to 3ds max so it looks like i won't have to worry about the yearly upgrade debacle now!
    i'll probably be stuck on 2011 until 2021!
    when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

I guess the problem is that the whole 3d content creation software market has slowed down.
      Many older users here may remember how exciting it was to make your first GI render or to discover how awesome glossy reflections look.
      Even Max had some pretty cool features like the editable poly modifier or the first 64 Bit release.
      New features where added quickly because so much was still missing in order to create photorealistic images.
      Now that we have a working system the developers struggle to keep up that rate of innovation.
      But was is really still missing ? A clay modeler like zbrush or mudbox? People seem to only create millions of monster head models with those tools, not very useful.
      Quick production quality rendering on graphic cards?
      That has been just around the corner for years now but i doubt that it will ever replace CPU rendering.
      The next big step might be cheap mocap systems based on kinect like hardware but for the core features it will be like with the internal combustion engine, many small optimisations but nothing really new.
      Reflect, repent and reboot.
      Order shall return.

Comment

Vray 1.5 for 3dsmax2012 will be available ?
        :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

Originally posted by s0real View Post
          just found out after looking at all of the info and videos that our company has cancelled our subs to 3ds max so it looks like i won't have to worry about the yearly upgrade debacle now!
          i'll probably be stuck on 2011 until 2021!
          That's kind of daft. It's cheaper to keep the subscription than it is to drop it, and upgrade when a release comes out with features you want.

Comment

@sandykoufax
            Of course. Chaos Group and most other plugin vendors are in the Beta, and have been testing and releasing their plugins for the next-version far in advance of it's actual release.
            Last edited by duke2; 07-03-2011, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X