Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 Core, 8ghz.... Time to write a email to santa...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Core, 8ghz.... Time to write a email to santa...

Right
    8 core x 8 ghz = 64ghz on 1 system....

server 2x = 128 ghz -.-

http://lenzfire.com/2011/09/amd-bull...erclock-48598/

I sooooooo want it...
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

are they cooling it with nitrogen?
    in any case, intel already has a unit with 4 cpu's x10 cores = 106.4 ghz each totaling 40 cores and 80 logical threads. Oh that system also had 256 gb of ram and it looked like an avarage desktop tower, nothing like this.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Wow... cant w8 2015.. All nightmare with slow renders will be finally over lol ! The nightmare of slow laptops will begin I guess lol

Comment

amd.... nah... new Sandy Bridge-E will smash it.
        Luke Szeflinski
        :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

8GHZ ???.... "2 sec. after the cooling malfunctioned... a Mushroom cloud was seen over his office"

Comment

ahhh haha.. not even liquid nitrogen.. they used LIQUID HELIUM lol.

says in the same page, on watercooling they got it to 4.8.. im inclined to agree with lukx.. i think its a step in the right direction, but all indications ive seen is it merely draws level with intel's current generation, and given the amount of headroom,and a new (and apparently very special process shrink (22 nm tri-gate) intel will be back out with a huge lead within some months.. theyre really sitting in neutral at the moment waiting to see what amd come out with.

price/performance though? thats different. and the new AMDs could offer very good bang for the buck.

Comment

From what I read 250$ for 8 core 3.3 ghz or so... which is just WOW specially when I paid 800£+a lot more for evga sr 2 an do ther components for my dual xeon OC now to 3.8ghz... If that thing will smash my workstation I'll cry hard !

Comment

if that dual xeon is a current gen one (hyperthreaded) at 3.8.. id be very surprised if the new amd chip would beat it at rendering.. never say never though

Comment

Its 2 year old E5530 2.5ghz OC at 3.8 ghz(still pushing it loL) 8 core / 16 threads - evga sr 2.

Still I secretly hope the 8 core amd would reach my 3.8 core xeon's. Then I can get VERY cheap render slave ! :O

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
                    price/performance though? thats different. and the new AMDs could offer very good bang for the buck.
                    I don't know... Intel is a BIG BOY! he never let amd be in lead regarding price and performance. And even if at the end amd will provide good price perf ratio ... nothing in world is for free so if price is low there must be some catch
                    Luke Szeflinski
                    :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

was not so many years ago that amd were in front remember... i doubt however that intel will be caught with its pants down quite so easily again though.

Comment

Every few years its year of AMD - maybe this is the year?

Comment

Working...
                        X