Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 2012 selection window + other changes

Hello,
    I searched, got nothing, so here goes...

Recently went on to max 2012 (64bit).
    Things seem good, except a couple of things I can't figure out.

1. Now, when I select using a rectangular window for example, I cannot see the selection dashed line anymore...it's just a pointer and it selects
    correctly, but you can't see what you've got until after you release the mouse button. So, is there a way to re-enable this? It's really annoying.

2. Not a big deal, but what happened to the "Flat" viewport option? All the new styles are sort of neat, but I miss the flat choice.

I am sorry if these are simple things, but I am looking for an answer other than, read the FAQ, or read the manual ;P

Thanks in advance

Here is what I want it to do again...this is a screen from max2011...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	VP-window-EX.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	844730

Comment

Max 2012 still has dashed selection window, or at least mine does. I can't find any way to turn it off either. Could it be driver or video card related?
      Dan Brew

Comment

Oh sweet! Thanks for the idea, it worked! I reverted to D3D and both the dashed window and flat view are back.
        Thanks a lot Dan
        JR

Comment

Glad it worked. Still not sure why the window thing doesn't work in nitrous though..
          Dan Brew

Comment

Yeah, that is really odd, I wonder if it happens to others.

Comment

I switched me too to max2012 some day ago and I found that if you press "D" (to disable the viewport) the selection dashed line disapper...if you press it again, the dashed line turn on again...
              It's not very clever, but it seems it works in this way....at least for me (I have a GTX580 3GB as videocard).

Comment

There was problem with dashed line before service packs. Did you install them?
                Luke Szeflinski
                :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

no, i downloaded the advantage pack but had heard it was breaking some folks DR. Maybe I will look for other service packs, thanks lukx

edit: I guess I missed sp2...downloading now, thanks again

update: That was it, the service pack 2...thanks
                  Last edited by voltron7; 05-12-2011, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X