www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

I dont know why but most 3d viz people looks to me like characters from sims :/
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Nice found, tnx.

Comment

Thanks for the link Bobby...I always cringe when clients want 3d people...

Comment

Those look better than most 3d peeps...probably not bad to have in the wishlist

Comment

our office version of McAfee blocks the site.
            mh

Comment

they look pretty weird
              useful for background people for stills

real pity they arent rigged TBH....

Comment

They have the uncanny valley feel for sure as noted above.
                On a side note, that site definitely wins the "worst designed pretty web page" prize.
                I had to maximize my browser on my 2560x1600 monitor to be able to see the images and the side, and I'm still not sure I saw it all.
                Personally I'd rather have no people unless it really fits to have a few, and concentrate mote on making the spaces beautiful. Sadly clients often think the opposite.
                Signing out,
                Christian

Comment

Originally posted by trixian View Post
                  Personally I'd rather have no people unless it really fits to have a few, and concentrate mote on making the spaces beautiful. Sadly clients often think the opposite.
                  Couldn't agree more. I only add 'em when requested usually.

Comment

Axyz has released some decent scanned models recently, definitely better than these.
                    Ville Kiuru
                    www.flavors.me/vkiuru

Comment

yeah I find they're only JUST useable when there's a significant amount of motion blur applied... so no standing still 3D peeps for me :/
                      James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                      Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

The new Axyz ones look really nice in this set of images by Sergio Merêces. It wasn't until I saw the wire/clay render that I realised they were 3d.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/3D-Vi...es-DS/12407497
                        -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

Comment

I'd say the cloth and fabrics look great yes, the faces no. They are creepy as hell.

I find it maddening that anyone wants to cover up so much of their "product" with filler information, in this case humans, that most likely don't come with the purchase of the office modules from the manufacturer.
                          Same goes for all viz work. If you feel the need to cover everything up with humans (2d or 3d) you should maybe work harder on defining and refining your products/buildings/spaces.
                          Using them carefully and sparingly, like great photographers would, is the preferred way.
                          Signing out,
                          Christian

Comment

Originally posted by trixian View Post
                            If you feel the need to cover everything up with humans (2d or 3d) you should maybe work harder on defining and refining your products/buildings/spaces.
                            Not sure what planet you are living in that the architecture is good enough to sell itself. 99.99% of the built world is ****! Not sure why the architectural education is 7 years long. Don't get me wrong - it was a great course! I loved (almost) every minute of it. There is so little 'good' architecture around that I think the course could be completed in around 3 months!

People are a tricky thing. Done right, it can add to an image. If the architecture is beautiful in the first place (remembering that only 0.01% of it is of course), then people can be overkill. People can be a counterpoint to the architecture and help tell a story and guide the viewer. However, people done badly can ruin even an already shitty building.
                            Kind Regards,
                            Richard Birket
                            ----------------------------------->
                            http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

It's not like architects don't want to build great and perfect buildings.
                              But there are a lot of other issues and interests. After all, there is a lot of money involved and it's not the architects money.
                              It's like with movies, I guess. It's easy to have a great idea and vision for a film, but what's left in the end, after the producers ripped it apart and put it together again, for whatever reasons, the result is quite different and not for the better.
                              With archviz, more often than not the design is in an early stage where there is almost nothing to work with. And there are "political" issues. Sometimes the clients wants a picture that hides most parts of the project, because there are changes pending, or they are scared that it gives a wrong impression, or whatever.
                              But they still need renderings for presentations, etc.
                              So you just put millions of people over some abstract shiny/transparent surfaces.
                              If you look at the galleries of Luxigon, MIR, etc, many of their images are like that. Especially Luxigon are masters of pictures where you can't really see the building. It's a hard thing to do. The hardest part of archviz is communication with the client.
                              Marc Lorenz
                              ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                              www.marclorenz.com
                              www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Working...
                              X