another houdini post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another houdini post

ok so ive hit a rather embarrasing brick wall in houdini. ive made great progress so far with the help from the wonderful people over at the houdini apprentice forum, but this is a question no one seems to want to answer.. how to do a box uv map in houdini (or better still a blended box, although i guess this isnt a standard mapping type as such)

im asking here in the vain hope that someone here is enough of a houdini head to help out.

ive tried both the uv project and uv texture nodes but box mapping is painfully absent from the mapping types. they even have toroidal mapping, but..no box ?!

bearing in mind i cannot really do an unwrap or anything (simply at least) because im applying the mapping to the particles in a fliptank, which is then transferred to the fluid surface via an attribute.

also, since i wish to do a simple mud texture and some displacement, unwrapping is really overkill.

id assume that something as useful as being able to do basic uvs on a 3d fluid would be well documented, but alas i can find almost nothing.

any help most appreciated.
Working...
X