Final Balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Balance

I usually get good counsel here, so here I'll ask. I have been getting projects to about 90% + and then the client loses interest. I had one sit for 6 months and the architect couldn't find the time to look at the final proof, so she stopped returning emails. I ended up sending her an email asking for final payment or I'll send it to collections; she paid that week with an apology. A current project that my client told me that her clients priority has changed hasn't responded to the final proofs since I sent them 4 days ago. No, I don't have watermarks, but let's say that their priority has changed. My contract states that they have two days to respond to questions, so I can use that for the final proofs. Do I give them a good week and send them the final invoice? We are about done, if not 95%, depending on their feedback. They did take forever to pay the deposit. They kept emailing for progress and I kept returning the email saying that I haven't received the deposit; they finally sent the deposit. They are a legit company and I think they are just big.

On a side note, I have one client who keeps sending me final checks for two projects, really! I keep emailing them, telling them that I already got a final payment, and they don't respond. I haven't deposited them, but what screwy bookkeeping.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro
Working...
X