Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plugin for explosion

Hi yall
    Anybody browsing around here knowing about a good plugin or standalone program to simulate explosions of 3dmodels (including collision simulator and stuff like that)?

Thanks for the help. Any info welcome

Nobody is inspired?

Comment

well reactor can calculate the collisions, especially reactor 2 in max6.
      but you still have to model the fracture parts.
      maya comes with a bunch of mel scripts for that. solid scatter.
      for particle effects, the afterburn plugin handles thick black smoke and stuff like that.
      Marc Lorenz
      ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
      www.marclorenz.com
      www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

For the smoke and fire you could use Afterburn. If you don't have Afterburn, try faceing particles with opacity mapping. As far as the collision stuff goes, particle systems with deflectors and pre cut geometry with reactor.

Will

Comment

Thanks guys.
          I knew about the particle solution, but didn' t think about reactor.
          So I guess there's no dedicated plugin or program to do explosion.
          I've never used reactor, but I guess it would be too much modelisation problems to design the destruction of the objects themselves instead of using particle and bomb.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Why use the bomb? Use a PArray, select the blast preset, adjust to fit your needs.

I forgot to add use multiple PArray's for diffrent size chunks of debris. There is no easy way to do an explosion, it takes alot of set up time and test renders to get right.

Will

Comment

there was a plugin i saw on 3dluvr.com in their max3d section called fragile that looks like it would do the job

the best resource i know for plugins is www.maxplugins.de

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Thanks a lot Da elf. I'll go check it.

Comment

It's not the best example but I used fragile for this clip.When the camera is only showing sky we're suppose to see an incoming missile but it's not in this test scene. The explosion is just from a stock library though. I'll try to dig up the scene and see how I set it up if you have any problems.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jonath...llery/mig1.avi

--Jon

Comment

Jbug and da elf, thanks for everything
                    Well I searched for fragile but couldn't find it on the german website that you gave.
                    I haven't spend much time looking for it on the web since it is only a "side" project.
                    I'll post as soon as I can on this theard whenever I have some news for those who are interested.

Comment

From www.maxplugins.de it looks as if they've only updated for MAX5.0 and that's just an alpha.

You can check the developers direct site for more info though...

www.run4fx.com

--Jon

Comment

Working...
                      X