Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max 2017 - anybody having success with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
    But if you read the area forum, youll see there are people there who apparently have none of these issues - i guess these are just payed AD trolls
    No troll here. I have been using 2017 for 7 months, and I don't get any strange hickups. At least not more than with any other version of Max. Have to say that I am kind of an old school Max user, so I get rid of new style material browser, slate and select by name editor as soon as I install a new release. 2017 is actually quite fast on heavy poly scenes.
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC View Post
      Same as you really, tried it on a couple of projects earlier in the year and ended up saving as Max 2016. It's just wasn't usable for me.
      Same here...
      Guido.

Comment

Working in max is like going to watch a hyped up movie with high expectations only to get disappointed. I think its been ok for us here, I mostly have vray / fp stability issues, but its expected being on a beta
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Guys... please give some more details about 2017 show stopper.
          You might have one more chance for SP.

Comment

2017 is the most unstable version I've used in a long time, and I very rarely have any complaints about Max.

Things that have caught me with 2017 so far :

-Changing the number of segments in any primitive after creation will (randomly) corrupt the object
            -Selecting objects can be extremely hit and miss, especially V-ray lights.
            -Closing a window will sometimes cause Max to exit without warning - render options, VFB, slate editor...etc.
            -Unable to see the edge of thin objects (planes for example) from the side, in any viewport mode.
            -Select and Place will randomly ignore geometry

There's more than that, but that's what immediately sprung to mind.
            MDI Digital
            moonjam

Comment

I crash sometimes when I'm unwarping, especially relax seems to be unstable sometimes.
              Also the FBX exporter chrashes sometimes.. I even had to get back to 2016 for export.
              But thats all, I like 2017.
              Most (by far) crashes here, are related to Vray IPR these days.
              Last edited by Ihno; 30-03-2017, 11:09 AM.
              German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ Jefferies View Post
                2017 is the most unstable version I've used in a long time, and I very rarely have any complaints about Max.

Things that have caught me with 2017 so far :

-Changing the number of segments in any primitive after creation will (randomly) corrupt the object
                -Selecting objects can be extremely hit and miss, especially V-ray lights.
                -Closing a window will sometimes cause Max to exit without warning - render options, VFB, slate editor...etc.
                -Unable to see the edge of thin objects (planes for example) from the side, in any viewport mode.
                -Select and Place will randomly ignore geometry

There's more than that, but that's what immediately sprung to mind.
                Do u have SP or PU installed?
                May I get HW spec? OS?
                Any step to reproduce?

Comment

Originally posted by Ihno View Post
                  Most (by far) crashes here, are related to Vray IPR these days.
                  I'd like to know more about these?

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes I know, but I can't really say when this is happening. If I find way to reproduce it, I'll tell you how.
                    I had a hard time with a scene with camera texture with animated (tga sequence with alpha) texture. Especially when changing current frame but not allways.
                    Will try to keep my eyes more open when I come back to that scene again. Which might be this weekend.
                    German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Ok. Even crash dumps are super helpful.

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Where would one find these crash dumps? I'm having issues of completely random crashes with ipr as well, stopped using it until it becomes more stable.

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                        Ok. Even crash dumps are super helpful.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by viscorbel View Post
                          Where would one find these crash dumps? I'm having issues of completely random crashes with ipr as well, stopped using it until it becomes more stable.
                          Usually at C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp

Comment

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m...018112#M135660
                            Try to remove GeForce Experience!
                            You may experience the true force of 2017.

Comment

Working...
                            X