Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scatter a animated crowd / Do you already come across Adobe Fuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scatter a animated crowd / Do you already come across Adobe Fuse?

Encouraged by the latest work of the very talented 3d artist miki nemcek,
    check out his great RB Animations here:
    https://vimeo.com/204746845

i was hyped to create an animated crowd scatter system on my own.
    Miki is doing his stuff in cinema and i think it`s rendered with octane,
    so challenge was to create kind of the same setup with our max/vray/forestpro pipeline.

Another friend of mine pointed me torwards the new Adobe Fuse software
    (it`s somehow still beta and free for CC users i think)
    which is an awesome piece of software to easily configure randomized characters, send it over to mixamo, let it auto-rig, get mocap animation on it if you want to, export to max and let`s go. hehe almost...
    I was fiddling a few days to solve a lot of little quirks,
    like characters must be collapsed to a single mesh to scatter correctly and stuff like that.
    But if you`re in a need to create some semi distance characters, you definetly should check it out!

I ended up having ten different characters which i then randomized with a few different textures and colors
    with the forest material which is supported by vray and also RT GPU.

Also spend some time on performance tests like pointcache models vs. proxys vs. fully open biped models.

All is working fine also in RT, only think i found is that the randomize animation parameter in forestpack is not supported yet, right?
    Maybe some of you could confirm or maybe i`m wrong,
    but that little detail is preventing me to use that crowd system also on the GPU which would be awesome.

Pretty happy with the results so far, just want to share with you, comments welcome.
    Can`t wait to get it in action in my next RB animation i wanted to have something like this for years, thanks miki for pushing
    i think with the right bipeds, they could also be easily seated etc.
    I like how Fuse/Mixamo/Max/Forestpack and Vray is working together nicely here,

and last but not least with the whole future of autodesk discussion, i also tried the autodesk solution to create characters but i even can`t remember the name of the prog right now which is enough said i think, the more i was suprised that adobe presents that 3d fuse solution ... for free as cc user,not to forget
    OLIKA
    www.olika.de
Working...
X