Vray realtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray realtime

I downloaded a few days ago Enscape for SketchUp and it's very impressive how fast is for very acceptable good looking real-time rendering walkthru (like video game).... I was wondering if there is any plan for Vray to go this way.
    for designing is really an excellent tool because you can use Oculus Rift , making changes on the fly and see them in seconds.

Thanks,

Fernando

show me the money!!

We are working on some things in that regard, yes.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Awesome! Great to hear.

I was at a local AEC VR meet up last night. Quite a few people mentioned how much they liked Enscape. Yeah the images are kinda ass compared to Vray, but they all liked the simplicity and easy of navigation in a real time rendered environment. I don't think the SketchUp version has artificial lights though. Only sunlight. I could be wrong. I believe the Revit version does. Anyway, super excited to find out what Chaos brings to the table.

Comment

the new version for SketchUp supports spotlights and omnilights both with IES
        show me the money!!

Comment

I'm designing this house in sketchup and this is a screenshot of a realtime walkthrough using Enscape...It's not vray quality of course but for walking around, talk to clients and make changes on the fly is great.
          I also like the simplicity...if you want grass just type grass in material name and it will show 3d grass.
          Attached Files
          show me the money!!

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Hype level over 9000!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post

Best regards,
              Vlado
              This is very exciting news. I often see stuff like Enscape and worry that "good enough" visuals are becoming very easy in Revit and Sketchup with various plugins, so it'll be good to have something like that in my V-ray arsenal.

Comment

Enscape is a game changer compared to products like Lumion and even Unreal, in the sense that you bypass the export part, and must be a tricky product to compete with. It is a realtime 'activeshade' window in Revit so it is always there for the architect/designer, and the quality is getting better for every version. It is also using Revit standard materials so the workflow is extremely transparent, basically a 'Start' button.

I use both tools and find myself staying longer and longer in Enscape, and it has to be either a demanding client, or other requirement for high end pictures, for it to be worth taking the scene into Max. Somehow the geometry/material workflow between Revit and Max has to improve for this to be viable in the long run and come to a point where you can easily bring the scene into Max to accessorize and better control lighting, like you would bring a rendered pic into Photoshop. Perhaps we just need better translators/scene converters.

Comment

I'd be surprised if CG were in the business of making game engines, which is what this essentially is.

Comment

Enscape is great...I'm using it a lot during the design process....Walking around in real time, testing materials and lighting....make changes(model) on the fly and have them in real-time as well is the best part......You can export panoramas and an EXE file, so your clients can go around the project in the same way you are without installing anything is great too.
                    show me the money!!

Comment

I test...real-time walkthrough ....the file is an EXE. https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1U?usp=sharing
                      show me the money!!

Comment

Enscape is incredibly fast. In fact it makes RT GPU look slow. I know there are differences under the hood about what is being delivered but we were amazed to see it run on low-end laptops in real-time.

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
                          I test...real-time walkthrough ....the file is an EXE. https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1U?usp=sharing
                          I've downloaded it but it crashes after I've launched it.
                          And I can't see any specific error message.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlJimK View Post
                            Enscape is incredibly fast. In fact it makes RT GPU look slow. I know there are differences under the hood about what is being delivered but we were amazed to see it run on low-end laptops in real-time.
                            You do realize that comparing Enscape to VrayRT is apples to hand grenades right? Enscape is beyond basic everything, which is why it can run well on pretty much any computer.

I wonder if those things in the works have anything to do with Vray being incorporated into UE4 and Twinmotion also now being incorporated with UE4.

Comment

To run enscape you need a decent video card...I'm not trying to compare Enscape and vray RT but if Vray or Corona have something similar with the obvious limitations, in my opinion, would be a great addition to the market.
                              show me the money!!

Comment

Working...
                              X