Software to prepare and convert CAD data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software to prepare and convert CAD data

I'm using the 3ds max capabilities to import cad stuff.
    Most of the times factory machines, and they can be very heavy.
    I mean 2 hours of import time and then I have to hide everything except the part I'm working on.
    They often contain 100.000+ parts and have 20m+ polys.
    Do you guys know any software which is capable to import/and cleanup those models much faster?

The reason for the question is: One of our clients came to us with a ridiculous low offer from a competitor.
    They also said they wouldn't have time to do it, so we'll get that job anyway... but.

They estimated two days for roughly 1min animation + rendering and everything... and would make an AR-App and an VR App of it as gift on top.
    The animation features Boolean cuts, fabric simulation and liquid simulation.
    They didn't even take a render time and a price for rendering into consideration in their offer.

I'm very sure that they're trying hard to get the client. They'll either miss the deadline or deliver very bad quality. The next offer definitely would be much, much higher.
    But one thing made me wonder, they claimed they can import the CAD files and reduce them to the level a smartphone could handle in real time within two minutes...
    How could that be possible?
    Last edited by Ihno; 27-04-2018, 05:58 AM.
    German guy, sorry for my English.
Working...
X