Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: What is the best (fastest) way to render through matted glass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: What is the best (fastest) way to render through matted glass?

Hi there!
    This question is for a community and v-ray developers. I need to make an interior render with a lot of spherical matted glass lights.

As far as I can see, we have several options here:
    1) Make a material with translucency added for a sphere and put a light source inside it.
    2) Make a glass material with refraction glossiness less than 1 for a sphere and put a light source inside it.
    3) Make a glass material with refraction and SSS for a sphere and put a light source inside it.
    4) Make an emissive material for a sphere (can't control different lights in the lightmix then).
    5) Use a mesh light for a sphere.
    6) Any other ideas?

Which one is the fastest to render?

I'm using sketchup + v-ray 6
    I know that 3ds Max users can put a light source inside a sphere and exclude everything other to light up this sphere, then add another light source which will light up everything except the sphere. In this case we can get clean image faster. But you can't do such trick in sketchup. I've already asked for include/exclude feature for sketchup users here, but get no response from the developers.

The project example i'm working on is attached. I'm using the first option here, but the image I get is too noisy, so I have to render it longer than expected.

P.S. sorry for my english
    Attached Files
    Last edited by photohomka; 29-11-2022, 02:15 AM.
Working...
X