Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why image looks good in Photoshop/Bridge and not good in Firefox/Chrome/Thunderbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why image looks good in Photoshop/Bridge and not good in Firefox/Chrome/Thunderbird

I created my image, Post Production I was happy with (viewing/working/saving image in sRGB) and saved the image.

In Adobe Bridge image looks as it looks in Photoshop (good).

But when I view the image anywhere else, including as an email attachment in Thunderbird, in Internet Explorer, in Firefox, Chrome, Windows Explorer, Windows Viewer, the image does not look how I Post-processed it.

Please can someone explain what I need to do to ensure consistency ??

This isn't about screen calibration - I have two monitors and I can check in both.

Adobe Bridge says images are saved as sRGB.....

It'll be difficult ot know if you'll be able to see what I'm referring to (on my screen the attached image looks bad because they are both being viewed for me in FireFox), but the image for me on the right, in Photoshop on my screen, looks great (I'm particularly concerned with the wood flooring in the foreground), but on the left (Firefox - the wood flooring looks terrible and unacceptable).

Please can someone help explain what's going on ?

I need to be confident that what I send my client will be the same as what I see.

Many thanks,

Jez

Click image for larger version

Name:	Why Firefox floor is horrible - in Photoshop floor looks great.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	494.8 KB
ID:	877468
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Check in Photoshop under "View" that "Proof Colors" is unticked
    Or press "Ctrl + Y" and see if it looks different
    (it should be switched off)
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Thanks Morne,

But that's not it - it stays looking good in Photoshop that way - I did read someplace a long time ago that FireFox does do something with colours etc but I'm seeing it happen in my entire computer, at any place I look (apart from Photoshop and Bridge).....

I just don't want to send stuff out to clients to view when I have no idea if they're going to stand any chance of seeing what I see in Photoshop (notwithstanding their own monitor issues).
      Jez

3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE

Comment

then in PS check in "Edit" > "Color Settings"

Check in that window that your "Working Spaces" for RGB is set to sRGB IEC

also to the right of that is a button that says "more options". Click that then the window will expand down to reveal "Advanced Controls" see if both those are switched off:
        Desaturate Monitor Colors By
        Blend RGB Colors Using Gamma

As for the Firefox things you mentioned about color profiles. That use to be true in the old days, but most newer versions support color profiles and will read the profiles.
        In XP and Vista the Windows Picture and Fax viewer did not support it.

Also for a test, from Photoshop, print to a PDF, then open the PDF with Acrobat and see how that looks and let me know...
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Hi Morne,

And thanks for your help.

I tried all the settings you mentioned and they are all set as per your thread - so nothing there needed changing in any way.

I have tried to create a print to a PDF, which it does but I don't know as of yet where it stores that PDF so cannot find it to open (I looked in the settings and there doesn't seem to be anywhere I can do this) - but I'll keep looking and get back to you on the PDF side of things once I've worked that out.

Many thanks for your help.
          Jez

Comment

Hello JezUK

There are different sRGB standards, and probably Adobe sRGB is different than Windows sRGB - otherwise the image should look the same.
            From what I know every windows application use Windows sRGB profile except the software that supports its own color management like Photoshop does.
            I guess that if they both use the same profile the result should be the same.
            It would be a good idea to forward this request to Adobe Community - the guys there will know better why this is happening and how could be fixed.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
            X