3ds Max Live Link / VantageAnimParams MaxScript additional options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds Max Live Link / VantageAnimParams MaxScript additional options

I've been experimenting with vantageAnimParams MaxXcript command. LiveLink of Vantage with Max has no alternative - as far as I know - when we are talking about animated objects (animated characters, rigs, deformations for example).

VantageAnimParams extends the capabilities of rendering with Live Link command, combined with presets which were defined in 3ds max (camera, time of day, layer combination, etc) and this is very powerful.

It could use some additional functionalities though. My ideas:
    - being able to define perspective type (simple perspective, VR monoscopic, VR stereoscopic)
    - being able to enable render elements, and define which elements have to be saved
    - being able to define a sample .vantage file for options (color corrections, fog, etc.) for every camera preset. Like when loading up a file in Vantage as "Open Scene as Config Only..."
    - it would be helpful if the VantageAnimParams command would be compatible with a batch of sequences. This would need a functionality that if a render sequence finishes in Vantage, it would trigger the script in max to start the next preset in the batch list
    - some smaller options like VraySun's "Enable Contrails", and "Number of contrails" is not in synchron when using Live Link. Doesn't matter if I disable Contrails in 3ds Max, contrails are still visible in Vantage

I hope some of these suggestions will be considered to be added to future versions.

Working...
X