No announcement yet.

Will there be an Indie License of Vray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be an Indie License of Vray?

Hi Guys,

Like even Autodesk did it - finally(!) - and many more of modern software manufacturers, I was wondering, if there are Plans to make an Indie license of Vray / Phoenix. etc?
    I always find it a bit unfair that big companies - or simply People who don´t need to mind about cash flow - don´t need to think about paying even much more for a license now.
    And on the other hand, other Users who are not in this delightful situation are being separated from making fresh experiences with new Products and shining a bit with the new features expressing possible new Clients for instance.
    That´s probably one reason the existence of Indielics is justified. Chaos now raised the Prices again and the gulf widens even further...

It seems that other Software manufacturers have calculated how the benefit of Indielics are affecting both Sides - the Users and the Developers.
    And there will be a reason, why they say: giving Indielics to the community will positively affect our business. what percentage do the people who need an inside license make up?
    I think many software manufacturers have decided that the proportion of sales volumen is so small and seems to outweigh the advantage of longer-term customer loyalty.
    Of course, that would have to be taken care of. With Blender in front of the door, I would think about a strategy early on.
    I don´t know if that suits for Chaos as well. Maybe i am wrong and Chaos and - purely hypothetically - assuming Chaos has financial problems, then of course it's clear that an indie license model is out of the question.

It might be foolish to say that Productioncompanies stick on Softwares diktating their workflows and therefore it would cost them a lot to switch.
    But because this actually contains some truth in the moment, you might also give some of it to those who would like an indie license.

thanks for listening in advance!

Working...
X