Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCIO/ACES color Management not working with distribute/backburner rendering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCIO/ACES color Management not working with distribute/backburner rendering.

When rendering using distribute or backburner network in 3dsmax 2024, the OCIO ACES color management is not working, even if the 3dsmax and Vray setup are the same on the servers.

I'm skeptical if that is indeed the issue. Is there any difference without ACES?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello Hermit. Thanks for your reply. I don't understand your question. Do you mean if I sent the render to backburner using the Gamma color space (Srgb) instead of the ACES? Of course, is a difference. I post a ticket with Autodesk because it seems the .icio file is not included when it is processed by the network render, but this doesn't explain why is not working with Vray Distribute.

Comment

This only occurs if you try to use ACES? Nor problems with sRGB rendering?

If you also have trouble with sRGB rendering not matching:
        You don't happen to still have Quicktime installed on any of the machines, and are using any format QT reads (like TGA, TIF, etc.) ? This can sometimes change the appears of textures on any machine with Quicktime.

Comment

It is only with ACES, I tested with Gamma 2.2 color management and is ok, no missing color buckets for that one. I don't use QuickTime at all, I only use 1000 by 1000 .png images, all have the sub fix _srgb as well. We have 4 rendernodes with the same Vray version and 3ds max version. at this moment I more concerned with not able to use distributed rendering.

Comment

OK. Then not that issue. We have not installed 2024 yet.So can't confirm anything here, sorry.

Comment

I think I found the solution and what was causing the problem, I was setting up the color manager as OCIO on 3ds max and Vray color management as OCIO as well. It only works when is assigned to Vray only.
              Last edited by Bisara230; 28-04-2023, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	企业微信截图_16988515811.png
Views:	110
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	1194246
                  I encountered the same problem, but it has already been resolved. ​

Comment

Working...
                  X