Chaos Group to reveal V-Ray 1.5 at SIGGRAPH 2006, Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome! Wohoo!

Vray 1.5 Vray 1.5 Vray 1.5 Vray 1.5 Vray 1.5!

Where is Long John? Maybe he could put a downer on this, but no one else will! Wohoo!!!!!!!!!

rpc212
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Order Placed. SSWWEETTTTT!!!!!!
      Really though, congrats on the BEST renderer.
      My boss and co-worker will be there. I wish I was going. Instead, like everyone else, Ill be foaming at the mouth until the dongle gets here.
      http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

Great News!!! Well done Chaos Group and Excellent news to hear that the issue with Viz 2006/2007 is resolved.
        ------------------
        Chris Townsend

Lucid Image
        www.lucidimage.com.au

Comment

Hi Vlado,

That's excellent news. Looking forward to finally meeting you in person too.
          By the way, if I decide to buy some more licenses on the spot, will that be possible?

Cheers

SunnyC
          ivolve studios

Comment

WOW order placed and confirmation mail already get!! Can't wait!!
            Lighting & Rendering Supervisor
            Marulli Studio

Comment

pick up my dongle sunny!
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Vlado, for license and Distributed rendering, how much processors will be able for one license ?
                http://www.a-3d.fr

Comment

this has never changed. it was the same way back when it 1st shippd years ago. 1 liscence gives 10 render nodes for DR and unlimited nodes for backburner rendering. you can use unlimited processors for DR as long as you can fit them into 10 nodes hehe

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Thanks for info DA_elf
                    http://www.a-3d.fr

Comment

Re: Chaos Group to reveal V-Ray 1.5 at SIGGRAPH 2006, Boston

hi Peter,

I noticed that the vismasters conference has a registration fee of $375.

Am I correct to assume that I can just go to this user meeting (http://dvc.vismasters.com/VRay.cfm) withour registering for taht conference?

...Since I never heard of a user meeting that charges its users to attend

Gustavo

Originally posted by peter
                      T
                      We would also like to invite you to the V-Ray users meeting to be held as part of the VisMasters Design Visualization Conference on August 4th, 2006. For more details, please visit

http://dvc.vismasters.com/

Comment

INDEED GREAT NEWS!!!

quick couple of questions, though...

1) Will we be able to download 1.5 prior to getting the USB and then just have to await for the dongle to unlock it? or will we have to wait until after SIGGRAPH for that as well?
                        2) Surely you guys have a team who have been testing 1.5 - might we see some of their work - or is that, too, planned for after Boston?

TIA,
                        ME

P.S. hope 1.5 runs as soft and smooth as a velvet child!
                        Talk nerdy to me...
                        ------------------------
                        Matt English
                        base2studios
                        VizDepot.com moderator

Comment

Detail enhancement for the irradiance map -=- what does it mean ? It works different now? Or there'd be smth to check/uncheck to turn it on/off ?
                          I just can't seem to trust myself
                          So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                          ---------------------------------------------------------
                          CG Artist

Comment

Licenses can not be sold during the show itself onsite, as it has to do with some rules and regulations of Siggraph and our stay in the US. However, online sales as well as sales thhrough our resellers network are welcome any time.

1.5 pre-release and final will be available a week or so after the show. We are taking advantage of the fact that we are here and we can give free dongles to anybody who is attending the show.

V-Ray user event is free, as all such events. We would be the last to charge for such a thing :_) The VisMasters conferences as well as awards have their price.

Licensing policy hasn't changed - 1 vray/max license covers 1 workstation with GUI, 10 DR nodes wtihout limination on CPUs and no limits for max network rendering.
                            Peter
                            ...keep walking...

Comment

Originally posted by peter
                              Licensing policy hasn't changed - 1 vray/max license covers 1 workstation with GUI, 10 DR nodes wtihout limination on CPUs and no limits for max network rendering.

Great, you have the best rendering engine, not only for your technical performance ...

Your licencing policy is the best...

People who use craked version of vray are very little shit...

Thanks for your great job...

Best regards...
                              My Flickr

Comment

I want that baby, damn the time the dongle arrives in my mailbox is gonna be soooo looong... didn't touch vray for some months now, I WANT TO PRACTICE BACK
                                http://www.3dna.be

Comment

Working...
                                X