Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loading assets

Hi there,

I'm working with larger files lately, so I've adapted my workflow and using a lot of proxies with their linked bitmap files.
    So my question is, what speed should I expect for max to load my files, at the moment I've got the feeling there's something wrong as my files take a long time to load.
    Mostly when opening the file, obvious that max loads all the assets so my ram usage goes up to 30-36Gb
    After everything is loaded the ram usage goed down again. No problem that it all has to be loaded in the first place, but if I monitor my disk read and write speed in the task manager is never get speeds over 8-9MB/sec.
    My asset folder contains 12,8Gb assets which are used in my project.

This is also frustrating when editing materials, when adding new maps, or searching for materials, I believe max goes looking for all my scene bitmaps which takes quite some time.
    Have a look at the screenshot, that's just when loading my assets... (was while loading some assets from my network location, but the diskspeed isn't that much faster)
    I'm using in M.2 ssd to increase read/write speeds, but is this effective? Looks like it has no use like this.
    Any advice on this?
    Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Pieter
    claar.be
Working...
X