Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Benchmark scene (Max 8 Vray RC3 required)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I May of missed them thanks dlparisi

The best I have got with my i7 920 bios OC @ 4ghz is 1:02, just working out if its worth an upgrade, I think I will hang fire for the cost of 3930k cpus to drop a bit.
    Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

• Some new numbers:

V-Ray 2.20.01
      2x Opteron 2435 48.3s
      i7 3930K 38.4s

Some day later will do more tests with stock and overclocked 2600Ks and 980X

EDIT:

Stock i7 2600k 1m 3.7s
      Last edited by alvius; 08-03-2012, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	3930k.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	845126

V-Ray EDU 2.20.03 - 35,7s on i7 3930k @ 4600 MHz

Comment

• @alvius, at which MHz did you render with ur 3930k?

Comment

• Monogon:

I didn't realize machine was overclocked to 4.5ghz
            At stock frequency 3930k renders in about 44-46s

Comment

• Some1, I think Vlado, mentioned a while back already that this scene isn't really useful anymore, as the differences in rendering isn't that great anymore. We need a new benchmark scene with all the bells and whistles for VRay 2.0, that will really push it to its limits. Some kind of scene where the lowest render times with TODAY's technology is around 15 minutes or so.

Who's up for the challenge?
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

• Since today's technology includes workstations with dual 3.1 GHz 8 core Intel E5-2687W processors, it would need to be a mighty tough scene to render for the scene to take 15 minutes in VRay 2.0.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_benchmark.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	849648

Hate to bring up this old thread, but it would be nice to have a new CPU benchmark scene like Maxwell has with Benchwell. This scene doesn't seem to be accurate for judging newer systems using the current version of V-Ray. The render time percentage gain compared to my older system was greater using Maxwell's Benchwell test. Rendered with dual 3.1 GHz Intel E5-2687W processors and 64gb of ram.

Comment

• A benchmark built into vray using GPU & CPU would be a great feature!
                    Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

Working...
                    X