Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proxying pflows (via mesher)

Hi,

To simulate a large crowd at a pedestrian crossing I have got lots of pflows, all with instanced point cache people. When they reach the traffic lights they change event to another point cache file, so they stand idle, then when the lights go green they change back to their walking point cache and cross the road.

Because of the pflow size I was having a real nightmare working with these flows so had split them up into different max files. However I now would like to get them all back into one file so I can tidy up the collisions of people.

I have tested on a small file (with 100 people for a 100 frames) using mesher to mesh the pflow, and then create vray animated proxies of this. This works very nicely, and the speed when the pflow is deleted is nice.

However I would like to then split the crowd up into individual people so I can manually delete people who do funny things. Is there a way of doing this? Someone mentioned a script which turns proxies back to mesh, but would this work on a group of deforming meshes like this anyway.

An 'Edit VrayProxy' Modifier would be nice. So you could put this on the proxy and select elements within it to delete them. Is there anything like this out there or on its way?
    Another potential issue is file size - I'm just proxying one of the actual flows and its done 100/3000 frames and the proxy size is 700mb!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot
    Nick
    F10Nick
    http://www.f10studios.co.uk/
Working...
X