dmc sampler min samples setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dmc sampler min samples setting

good day to everyone, I've been using vray for just about a little over a year and have been comfortable with most of it's settings. I was hoping if anyone can shed some light on the dmc sampler min samples' relation to the adaptive dmc sampler min/max setting. It says on the online help that the min samples for the dmc sampler >> "Min samples - determines the minimum number of samples that must be made before the early termination algorithm is used. Higher values will slow things down but will make the early termination algorithm more reliable." That's pretty striaght forward. What bugs me is I use the adaptive dmc sampler with settings min-3 max-6. Does this mean that the min samples of the dmc sampler has to be the same as the min setting in the adaptive qmc for early termination to be reliable? And what is "reliable" in what sense? reliable like does the dmc sampler become more accurate in its sampling algorithm??? does this setting make the dmc sampler sampler go faster??? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by cragmire; 09-10-2008, 07:46 PM.
Working...
X