Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Precalc Irradiance map -- backburner render (not dist. render)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precalc Irradiance map -- backburner render (not dist. render)

Can you render a precalc irradiance map (for a fly-through) -- using Incremental add (or some other mode) to more than one computer via backburner? Or do you have to be sure to assign it just one machine?

I guess I should modify the question -- I know you can send a precalc IRR pass to multiple machines since I've done it accidentally -- the question is -- can it create problems? Or does Vray know how to handle it?

LC - not possible to distribute

IR - can cause read write error if 2 nodes access same time
    working only via DR (sp3) and produce a giant GI map
    render the IR in animation prepass (risk of flicker)
    have a look to "camera path" in SP3 very fast but have limitations I not yet understand (cam.path vs incremantal each 10th)

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

With Backburner, we utilize a persistent #postRenderFrame which saves the Imap with the frame number appended. You can then concatenate them using the ImapViewer.
        Keith R Morrison
        focus360, Inc.
        Win10, 3DS Max 2021, V-ray 5.2.3

Comment

I don't have a concatenaterer but you can grab the script that was the POC for Keith's example, man I miss the Scene Pimp... anyways you can check it out here http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ad.php?t=28014 there is also a script that makes merging a bit easier too.
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Working...
          X