Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEBAS -final DOF will it work with VRAY 1.5[SP3a]

Hi All,

Does anyone know if CEBAS products such as -final DOF will work with VRAY 1.5[SP3a]???

Thanks

From what I remember, they mostly work.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Vlado!

Although I would much prefer to use Vray DOF & MBlur on every job, unfortunately [& way too often] a lack of time & budget dictate otherwise.

I have also sent Cebas an email asking for clarification if it works with Vray SP3a

Thanks again

Comment

Cebas Reply

Here is the reply I just got from Cebas

I know we have customers using it, however some features like layered
        g-buffer channels do not work with vray as vray can not support it. This
        might cause issues with layered motion blur and complex depth of field
        effects.edwin
        Would you have a explanation of what this means in a simple sense regarding Vray [for a very simple mind!] I also understand this probably has a lot to do with way their plugin is coded.

Thanks
        Jamie

Comment

Layered g-buffer channels do work fine with V-Ray, and they have been supported since a few years now.

What is not supported currently, is the "Render occluded" option in the node properties. In many cases, things will work fine even so. The only cases where you might get issues are with fast moving or rotating objects that reveal a static background behind them.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks again Vlado!
            [Do you ever sleep!!!]

It sounds like it should work with Stills & slow moving architectural anims. It would be nice to have other options [than Vray DOF/MBlur] when the project just doesn't have the budget, or if clients are fussy and you need to do it post.

Cheers
            Jamie

Comment

Working...
            X