Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photonmapping more Questions

Hallo

I´ve posted a Question about how to use Photonmapping in Vray. after this i found a grate little tutorial about the first steps of photonmapping from Vlado at http://vray.info . The cornel Box i renderes was renderd about two to three times faster than with irradiance map only. it seems to work like the radiositysolution from max 5 together with final regathering, while the Photonmap takes the part of the radiositycalculation and the irradiance map is the final regathering step. and it is also view independend it seems. realy very very very impressing

now i tryed it in another scene and found several questions.

1. how can i create a Sunlight for photon maping ? when moving the vraylight away, i have to make it horribly strong to get enough light, and also have to use much much more photons (because for paralel light, i have to move the light far away.)

2. how does it interact with the skylight, can i use skylight only for photonmaping (maybe in a later approach of Vray?)

3. i tried to use the object multipliers of GI for getting the light deeper into the geometry. i´ve been reading several threads to fix this problem with light settings and HSV exposure control. But this is not a realworld solution of the problem. Only the force of diffuse reflections of the material sould solve the problem. so i tried to make it inside the objectsettings with GI multiplier like it works good for irradiance maps.
    But with photonmapping it looked wrong and didnt work.
    so how can i fix this maybe ?

thanks for ideas.
    Tom
Working...
X