Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 6x1 Stereoscopic Cube Map Camera and Gear VR Ghosting

Hi

I have been doing quite a few Stereoscopic Cube Maps for the Gear VR to create interactive walkthroughs. I have just updated the Samsung S6 to Marshmallow and have noticed an error with the Cube maps.

The 18k render loads in fine but it looks as though the top and bottom cubes are loading incorrectly. I have done no editing to the cube order but if you look up or down in the Gear VR there is a very distinct ghosting around objects as if the left and right eyes are out of sync. If you close one eye it looks fine or if you view the image in Oculus 360 Photo viewer and look up, everything looks fine then after a second as it changes from mono to stereo you get the extreme ghosting error.

You can see it much clearer if you have a lower ceiling and some prominent objects, such as spot lights.

I have never noticed this before the update to Marshmallow and since the update of the 360 Photo Viewer, I have also tested in other viewers and am getting the same error. I wondered if Oculus have change the Cube map reading order and as such the Vray 6x1 cube camera is now in the wrong order. It is now very uncomfortable to view for even a short period. I have also tested Octane renders and these seem fine.

The stereoscopic settings are also the same as previous, with a 63mm eye.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Regards

James Budge

Would it be possible to send us the cubemap image and the scene so we could investigate further?
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

If you PM me the link to the cubemap, i'll try it out on my S7 and see how it goes
      Stan

Comment

Working...
      X