Clear All

• VrayPhyscam Vs. PhysicalCamera

Max2016:
    New Maxscript constructor for Physical Camera =
    Physical()

VRayPhysicalCamera() is now gone?

Physcam.shutter_speed units were (seconds)^-1 and
    Physical.shutter_length_seconds is seconds

Old scenes that have the physical VrayPhysicalCamera still have same GUI and apparatus. Classof VRayPhysicalCamera = VRayPhysicalCamera
    D55 is now CIE D55 ?

just trying to resurrect some old scripts and running into some issues with formulas
    Also one more thing: if "exposure control" is not installed, there is no way to set ISO except through maxscript?
    Last edited by rajdarge; 18-10-2016, 01:08 AM.

Hello,

Since Max 2016 the V-Ray physical camera is not directly accessible. As you've noticed instead of it there is the new 3ds Max Physical Camera. It matches the VRayPhysicalCamera functionality and is maintained by Autodesk.

If you still want to create a VRayPhysicalCamera, run the following command in Max Script:
    vrayCreateVRayPhysicalCamera()

About the ISO and exposure control - I think that when no exposure control is installed the camera won't do any corrections so even if you change the ISO it won't affect the end result.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

ok, I suppose I will direct questions regarding the new physical camera to autodesk.
      The Vray Exposure control: does that work with the new Physcam?

Comment

For the Physical camera you need to use the Physical Camera Exposure control. For V-Ray cameras or viewports - you can still use the VRay Exposure control
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
        X