No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.5 Beta Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the Ir take over Vray Rt cpu? They seems to do the same job. Or what´s the difference ?

Comment

Maybe another pointer to IPR, for progressive, it stops cleaning up when the time limit has been reached (default of 1.0). Not sure if this is necessary for IPR?
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Another also point for ipr, doesnt respond to overrides in environment.
        www.yellimages.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
          Maybe another pointer to IPR, for progressive, it stops cleaning up when the time limit has been reached (default of 1.0). Not sure if this is necessary for IPR?
          I think there should be as little special rules or differences for IPR vs production as possible. If you have your time limit set to certain number for production rendering, you will hardly want to render your interactive preview to better quality than what your production is. Not respecting the time limit makes less sense than respecting it.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing it, but does anyone know how the resumeable rendering feature works? Is it automatic or do we have to enable it somewhere? I tried testing it by rendering, then stopping the render, and rendering again, and it always starts from scratch instead of resuming. I didn't see a pause button or anything in the VFB, and Max's pause button is greyed out for me when I render... Thanks!

Comment

Is anyone else having an issue with the Dirt map? ~ Its frustrating me so much

Comment

Originally posted by jpmartin View Post
                Maybe I'm missing it, but does anyone know how the resumeable rendering feature works? Is it automatic or do we have to enable it somewhere? I tried testing it by rendering, then stopping the render, and rendering again, and it always starts from scratch instead of resuming. I didn't see a pause button or anything in the VFB, and Max's pause button is greyed out for me when I render... Thanks!
                In the VFB rollout there's an option you have to enable.
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum_design View Post
                  Will the Ir take over Vray Rt cpu? They seems to do the same job. Or what´s the difference ?
                  Our goal is to focus V-Ray RT more towards GPU rendering.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejjd View Post
                    Is anyone else having an issue with the Dirt map? ~ Its frustrating me so much
                    Nope. What kind of issue?

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                      Nope. What kind of issue?

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I have posted here the problem. I dont know how to fix it.
                      http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...faceted-effect

Comment

Originally posted by stevejjd View Post
                        I have posted here the problem. I dont know how to fix it.
                        http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...faceted-effect
                        Ok, thanks - will look into it.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                          Ok, thanks - will look into it.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          Vlado you are awesome how your on the forums - amazing never had such good tech support on any other software.

Comment

Was wondering, if this nice luts script will be embedded in the frame buffer ty
                            www.yellimages.com

Comment

Hi,
                              Where do we post questions when using 3.50.01 for max?

Is there a thread dedicated to this beta or do we just post in the max forum. Is there a thread we can check to see if the issue we have has already been noted?

Specifically, I'm trying to test the denoiser as both a render element (RE) and the stand alone. I'm using RT in GPU mode and when I add the denoise RE, I only get the following elments:
                              RGB, alpha, vrayMatteBackground, vrayMatteLighing, and vrayMatteShadow.

The vrayMatteBackground, vrayMatteLighing, and vrayMatteShadow elements all show black.

According to this link:
                              https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...orted+Features
                              I assume the denoiser is not supported with RT and this may be why I get the above results...can anyone confirm? Thanks.

Nevermind, I just got it work...now I get those above elements still in black, but I also get a lot more elements.
                              Last edited by biochemical_animations; 01-12-2016, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by biochemical_animations View Post
                                I assume the denoiser is not supported with RT and this may be why I get the above results...can anyone confirm?
                                The denoiser works fine in RT, at least in my tests here. If you have a scene where it doesn't it would be best to send it to support@chaosgroup.com

Nevermind, I just got it work...now I get those above elements still in black, but I also get a lot more elements.
                                The three elements appear if you have any matte/shadow objects in the scene. We will probably hide them as you don't really need to see them.

Best regards,
                                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                                X