Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with render mask.

*edit*
    Sorry - I see I posted in the wrong section. This should of course be in "V-Ray for 3ds Max :: Problems". I can't seem to move it though?

Hi - when using render mask (layer) the result comes out with a fringe around the objects I want to render. I know that progressive image sampler doesn't support render mask - at least not with a acceptable result. I use bucket and have tried with both BruteForce and Irradiance - same result.

I aslo know I can use several different render elements to use as mask in post but I need to have a clean render straight out of VFB.
    We are doing a configurator where a lot (I really mean a lot!) of choices has to be rendered out as separate images. We have created a script that handles what to render and with what settings ((not)visibletocamera, shadowcatcher, etc). This is fully automatic so once I press render it will produce all content without further action taken.
    Post has been done (good enough) with vray's correction control and therefore the rendered images are supposed to be used "as is". Manual post on thousands of images is not an option.
    Renders are saved as 8-bit png with alpha.

BUT...
    See attached image - why, oh why does this happen? In attached image I have the layers against a green backdrop but even if I use a background with similar colors(or even the actual wall without render mask) it produces a fringe around the edges of every render.

Is render mask not supposed to be used this way perhaps?
    I notice that if I save to tga without premultiplied alpha, open it in Photoshop and use the alpha as mask and resave to png, it seems to work. (Sure - perhaps maybe this can be done with a macro but I'd rather have it working properly directly from 3ds max.)

Any suggestions appreciated.
    Last edited by VISUALISERA; 19-09-2018, 04:34 AM.
Working...
X