No announcement yet.

Refraction Issues with DomeLight / Abbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm, I can't seem to be able to get this problem here. Here is my setup, but with the latest V-Ray update I see no difference with Abbe ON and OFF. Perhaps you can post a simplified scene?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Attached Files
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi, just as a sidenote: The original problem improved, so picture 5 and 6 (page 1) now look identical no matter if abbe is enabled or not.
      I still would like to know why the green background color is mixed into the refraction when using domelight set to invisible (pic 5) contrary to the setup with the geometry where the background color really just appears in the background (pic 2+3).

Thanks

Edit: Also the issue in the material editor that it took forever to refresh the preview sample when using Abbe is now fixed. So it's not necessary anymore to switch to the native material swatches for me.
      Last edited by JonasNöll; 04-05-2021, 03:46 AM.
      Check out my FREE V-Ray Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by JonasNöll View Post
        Hi, just as a sidenote: The original problem improved, so picture 5 and 6 (page 1) now look identical no matter if abbe is enabled or not.
        I still would like to know why the green background color is mixed into the refraction when using domelight set to invisible (pic 5) contrary to the setup with the geometry where the background color really just appears in the background (pic 2+3).
        The domelight isn't a background, technically, but a light fixture so it's skipped when the max bounces are reached, in favour of the proper background.
        There are many ways to override that for the shader (i.e. environment slot), or scene (i.e. environment override, or the background map itself where feasible.).
        I have absolutely no idea if this could or should be changed.

Cfr the two attached images.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ^Lele^; 04-05-2021, 04:14 AM. Reason: attached sample images
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Hm, I can't seem to be able to get this problem here. Here is my setup, but with the latest V-Ray update I see no difference with Abbe ON and OFF. Perhaps you can post a simplified scene?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I ask you to excuse Vlado
          But I myself cannot repeat this mistake. She disappeared.
          Your scene works well for me, no problem.
          Thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
          X