Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VFB moves away with different resolutions! very anoying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB moves away with different resolutions! very anoying.

If you render 2 resolutions and then switch from 1 / 2 / 1 / 2 renders.... the VFB just moves away bottom right.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Q-...ew?usp=sharing

here the video of the problem.

Huh, this does not seem to happen on my end. Which 3ds Max (and which update) are you using?
    Last edited by hermit.crab; 23-03-2021, 02:08 AM.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

oh, interesting.

max 2021.3
      vray 5 last update.

​​​​​​Could be matter of 4k monitor and windows scale 125%?
      I did chamge the monitors recently so could be that alao going on.

thankyou

Comment

Which V-Ray version build (precisely) are you using? Try downloading and re-installing the latest hotfix and see if that makes any difference.

Comment

I was using 5.10.01 build 00001

I downloaded and installed the last last version after you mentioned and it says exactly the same. So I guess I was just updated.
          I tried with 4k and windows scale at 100% and same problem.

the images need to be 2 diferent resolutions to make that to happen! if they are exactly same resolution won't move strangly.

I tried another computer and doesn't have this trouble. ( QHD dual monitors ) exactly same GPU 3090asus TUF same driver.
          in my case is (4k dual monitor.)

Hummm strange.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. We managed to reproduce it on our end. Indeed, it seems the 4k monitor is causing the phenomenon. I'll report the issue to our developers for investigation.

EDIT: Logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-10913).
            Last edited by hermit.crab; 24-03-2021, 12:42 AM.

Comment

This is fixed in the latest Update, Thank You!!!

but have another problem... looks like the VFB UI with dual 4k monitor is having serial problems.

The compositing elements and history get minimized randomly whenever I change from render to render. so anoying because it changes the IPR resolution also...
              The IPR resolution is also kinda doing strange things.... I feel more like battlening with it than else.... this could be related to the before mentioned still need to investigate a bit this one.
              The compositing settings that I setup are "remembered" in a strange way and coming back On, or off, or with old settings. ( this still would need to investigate properly what is really going on )

I will record all this when I have the time .... but just wanted to rise my voice ASAP.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. Indeed, do send a video recording of the issue so we can reproduce and log it for developer analysis.

Comment

ah... no This problem wasn't fixed in the latest Update.
                  I guess you didn't had time to fix it yet.... still the windows is moving around when changing resolution in the VFB.

Comment

Working...
                  X