No announcement yet.

Vray 1.5RC2 on Xp64bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no... I started by installing it on my workstation ( i only have one pc i use for 3d ) that machine runs xp 64. Since that didnt work (crash trying to run vrlserver) and because I just had to try RC2 for myself I installed it on my laptop (xp32) and tried to get my workstation to trace that license over the network... but that didnt work either. I havent given it another try since I have to get some work out but I'll get back to it this weekend. So you have your renderfarm running it now? Did you have to do anything dif for your 64 bit nodes?

Comment

Nothing other than using the x64 driver and changing the "client license settings" to look at the server, and changing the connection port to 30304.

We have a x86 server running windows server 2003. The vray license server is running there, and the dongles are plugged into it. The farm has the above setup.

e.

Comment

thanks. at least now I know its my machine causing the mess. I have the exact same setup here, so it should work. I'll give another go at it.

Comment

moto, you can email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com for more information on that; basically it looks like it is the drivers that are causing the machine to fail (we had someone else with this issue too), but we can get you a work-around for the time being.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I am having the exact same issue (posted a message about it a moment ago).

The dongle drivers install fine in 64 bit, and the WIBU management program finds them.

The whole system crashes as soon as I launch the vray license server.

Comment

Working...
            X